I am Ellen Wink. I’m a hard-working woman entrepreneur, who knows what a budget is. I’m running for the 137th Connecticut State Assembly District seat because Connecticut needs to become more realistic about its finances, it needs to consider citizens who love the state but feel taxed to death, it needs to listen to a broader spectrum of citizens than only democrats and labor unions.
Contact me. Let me know what YOU think.
Experience encompasses handling administrative functions, overseeing finances, bookkeeping and budgeting for organizations, ensuring complianc.e with strict government regulations, and assisting clients and constituents.
PYRAMID REAL ESTATE GROUP Stamford, CT Feb 2015– Present
Salesperson – Commercial and Residential Real Estate and Bookkeeper for Pyramid Real Estate – Construction Division
- Contract Management: Tracked project proposals; managed the workflow for contracts.
- Improved Financial Tracking: Implemented and utilized ESC accounting software for the division.
- AIA Billing: Billed for all Pyramid Real Estate Construction projects.
TLC TREE SERVICE I Norwalk, CT
Office Manager and Bookkeeper
May 2014 – Feb 2015
- Administration and Finance: Handled administrative duties including Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable, and QuickBooks.
- Proposal Writing: Wrote proposals for clients based on information from the salesteam and a standard pricing structure.
DVB COMMERCIAL REALTY I Norwalk, CT
Salesperson – Commercial and Residential Real Estate
ROTON POINT ASSOCIATION I Norwalk, CT
Administrative Assistant and Bookkeeper
A seasonal private club, organized similarly to a condo association.
Mar 2013 – Feb 2015
Jul 2011 – May 2012
- Improved Organization and Efficiency: Took the initiative to transition the association to electronic billing of over 400 owners. Organized invoices. Established a system for continuity and to minimalize reliance on one person.
- Bookkeeping Experience: Managed bookkeeping with QuickBooks and input from the accountant.
CITY OF NORWALK, CT May 2009 – Apr 2011
A diverse role as the Office Manager for the City Clerk and Mayor’s Office. Recruited, hired and managed a staff of 9.
- Presence in the Community: Held a highly visible role as the Mayor’s representative at City of Norwalk functions.
- Overseeing Complex Requirements: Primary contact with film production crews to facilitate obtaining Special Events Permits; recognized by the production companies for being resourceful and accommodating.
- Event Management: Streamlined the special events process. Event Planner for the Mayor’s Community Ball for 2 years; raised $23K+ annually in donations. Oversaw reservations for community spaces and the 1,000-seat concert hall. Determined requirements for police and fire department presence at events.
- Technical Quality: Ensured audio and video recordings of councils and committee meetings were TV broadcast-quality.
- Wrote Government Documents: Wrote Press Releases, Special Citizen’s Citations and Recognition Certificates.
- Award for Innovation: Strategically hosted community events which significantly increased compliance with the expectations of the 2010 Census: Earned a special acknowledgement from the Census Bureau.
- Financial Management: Oversaw budgeting, financial operations, and payroll processing.
ADDITIONAL POSITIONS: Administrative roles at the SEAPORT ASSOCIATION, RECREATION AND PARKS DEPARTMENT and the
REGISTRAR OF VOTER OFFICE. Director of the LOUISE CARLSON RESIDENCE, Norwalk, CT and built LEA MANOR HEALTH CARE,
INC., a 120-bed nursing home. Took the facility from concept to completion and successfully managed it for over 20 years.
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATIONS
B.Sc. Biol!)gy, Public Health Administration and Business, Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, CT Connecticut Real Estate Salesperson Licensing Class, 2013
Continuing Education: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Norwalk Community College, Norwalk, CT – 2009 – Present Nursing..,Home Administration, Quinnipiac College (became Quinnipiac University), Hamden, CT
Justice of the Peace, Notary and Election Official